Friday, June 20, 2008

moving from Hawaii 3

In this version, our apartment looked like a combination of both homes in Hawaii and my parent’s place that we are staying at now.

I had a "roommate", but Will and I were married too. My roommate was Nagmai Keli'i from our ward in Ewa Beach.

I was furiously trying to pack and throw things into boxes and suitcases. Will was standing around not doing anything and kept asking me what he could do to help, which was just irritating me more. Why couldn't he just look around and see all the junk lying around?

Anyway, Nagmai and I shared a room and I had a huge air mattress that resembled the one we slept on in Hawaii. I was mad at myself for not cleaning out more stuff and selling it in the yard sale. I kept thinking to myself that I could have made a ton more money if I would have just looked around. I told Nagmai that she could have the mattress and sheets and stuff, but I just needed to clean under it. So Will lifted it up and the floor under there was covered in little tiny toys and pieces to game sets. So I just started throwing them all into a box. Will asked me why I didn't just throw it away and I said because they go to things that I have already packed.

I went out into the living room and the 2 suitcases he and I had packed and were planning to take had grown to about 15 boxes and bags. I was so irritated because all this time I had been thinking we were going to get home with everything we needed in just a couple of bags. (END)

No comments: