Sunday, November 4, 2007

getting a job

I should start by saying that last night at about 11:30, I needed to go to Wal-Mart for some "supplies" and since my sister, Megan is still here with her husband, I asked Will to go with me since it was so late and it had started raining. So we rode the scooter and of course it down poured on us and there was extreme thunder and lightening. When we got to Wal-Mart, they were stocking shelves and cleaning the store, as per usual for that time of night, but I had a sudden flashback from when I worked there when we first moved here and it instantly made me realize that I would NEVER want to work there EVER again!!!
In this dream I am trying to get a job at this posh kind of hip restaurant and all the girls that work there are like really tall and thin and super trendy. When I walked in they were all looking at me like, What is SHE doing here. The owner was also very trendy and pretty, but she was very friendly. She took my application and talked to me and said that she would get in touch with me. All the other girls were standing around rolling their eyes and whispering. I was getting so mad, but I was covering it up and focusing on having a friendly conversation with the owner.
When I left, I went to this little like Ma and Pa country store and the little old man that was the owner kind of reminded me of Will's uncle Stanley Erickson. He and his wife ran a little store and kind of like soda pop counter. There was one really friendly looking young girl that worked there for them and he asked me if I would consider coming to work for them. So I said yes, since I was looking for work. Well there wasn't much to do and I felt bad that they were paying me just to sit there, so I picked up a sponge outside and started washing their old gold colored boat of a car. The man just smiled and didn't say anything, but the other young girl was like What are you doing?! You don't have to do that. If there is nothing to do, we can just leave or sit around to keep them company. I was like, I know, but I am bored and I WANT to wash the car for them.
Then it switched and I was going back to the posh restaurant to check on my application there, but when I got there, my application was sitting on the front counter and it wasn't filled out. I started feeling so embarrassed and kept apologizing to the owner that I didn't complete it with my work history. So I took a pen to fill it in, but I was completely blank, I couldn't remember any of the places I had worked or who I had worked with. I was telling her, I swear I have work history. I am so sorry that I am being so retarded right now, I just can't think straight! (END)
I know I said I didn't want my dreams analyzed and I still don't, but now when I think back on the posh part of the dream. The girls kind of reminded me of the models from America's Next Top Model and the owner reminded me of Tyra Banks (though they didn't while I was dreaming, they only do now that I am awake and remembering the dream back).

No comments: